Talking tech again, David Bradley
- Are you working? I mean really working? – We often use precisely the same device to do our real work as we are to distract ourselves from our work…you know what that device is…
- 70 things every computer geek should know – The term ‘geek’, once used to label a circus freak, has morphed in meaning over the years. What was once an unusual profession transferred into a word indicating social awkwardness. As time has gone on, the word has yet again morphed to indicate a new type of individual: someone who is obsessive over one (or more) particular subjects, whether it be science, photography, electronics, computers, media, or any other field. A geek is one who isn’t satisfied knowing only the surface facts, but instead has a visceral desire to learn everything possible about a particular subject…70 things every computer geek should know:
- Firefox 4 Download Available, Release Tomorrow – Mozilla will release the final version of the long awaited web browser Firefox 4 tomorrow. But, you can already get it from some servers right now. It took them nine months to gestate this version although version 5 is apparently scheduled for this summer!
- How to edit your comments on Facebook – Facebook recently rolled out an update to its commenting system. Now, instead of pressing Comment, you simply press the Enter key to save a comment. More excitingly, however, Facebook silently rolled out another new feature at the same time: you can now edit comments!
- Record and upload voice memos to Dropbox with Dropvox – DropVox is a recording app for iOS devices that lets you easily record and upload voice memos to your dropbox cloud storage account.