A 6-step plan for your social media diet
August 15th, 2012 by David Bradley >> 2 Comments
Business strategist Carol Roth has been on a social media diet, cutting back on the tweets, using only Facebook as a treat and taking her LinkedIn lite. She offers six tips for getting skinny with the social, which I’ve adapted for Sciencetext Tech Talk readers:
- Stop following anyone who irks you- even if they’re smart sometimes.
- Avoid early morning and late night logins.
- Limit your time on social media by creating a schedule and sticking to it.
- Before reading a link, decide whether it’s really going to be useful or entertaining and ignore if not.
- Go long – forget 140 characters and sound bites, read some books, some long-form feature articles. Think about them deeply.
- Claim back more offline time for friends and family and contacts.
I think item 6 is the most important. More advice here.